Working Student/Intern - Database Management & Analysis (f/m/d)
Freitalworking studentFreitalFlexible working hours
Ms. Lydia Körner-Rothe
SmartNanotubes Technologies is a start-up company founded in 2020. We, currently a team of 12 with diverse interdisciplinary backgrounds, are located in Freital near Dresden. We have developed a novel, highly sensitive smell sensor platform, based on the principle of an electronic nose, with huge potential for a wide spectrum of applications. As we continue to grow, we're looking for the next generation of passionate and ambitious minds to join our team in Freital.
Position: Working Student/Internship - Database Management & Analysis (f/m/d)
Duration: 6 months
Location: Freital, near Dresden (remote work is not possible)
- Assist with the maintenance, updating, and optimization of our current database systems.
- Engage in data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) processes.
- Develop integration tests for data pipelines.
- Work alongside our Data Science and IT teams to analyze data and derive actionable insights.
- Contribute to documentation and report generation for internal use.
- Participate in regular team meetings and contribute ideas for system improvements.
- Learn and adapt to new database tools and technologies as required.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, Data Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Expertise in relational and non-relational databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, or MongoDB.
- Acquaintance with software development best practices, including deployment, testing, CI/CD, and code reviews.
- Ability to configure, run, tune, and troubleshoot services on AWS would be an advantage.
- Self-motivated with a high degree of self-organization.
- Eagerness to continuously learn and adapt to new technological trends.
- Effective communication skills in both German and English.
- Perspective on developing within a team of software engineers and hardware developers.
- Perspective to do your Master Thesis in the company
- A working environment in a highly motivated, highly skilled interdisciplinary team
- Workspace with a standard equipment at our location in Freital
You are qualified and interested?
If you're enthusiastic about databases, data analysis, and want to be a part of cutting-edge technological advancements, we'd love to hear from you. Send us your application, including a brief cover letter and your current CV, either through our Online Form or directly via email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
For any questions, kindly contact Lydia Körner-Rothe at +49 351 40 470 228.
Well-known firms, personalities and many former students of the TU Dresden actively support the development of the university by their membership. The society exclusively and directly pursues non-profit purposes.
As a specialist for knowledge and technology transfer, TUDAG has a diverse range of business models and flexible structures and acts as an ideal link between business, industry and science. For this function, we employ employees who take responsibility, seek exciting tasks and want to shape the future together with us - so you!
We help our employees to move forward and offer many benefits, such as a flexible work schedule, performance-based and industry-appropriate pay, job ticket and free drinks.
Are you looking for new challenges? Then apply now!